Thursday, May 15, 2008

Not a winner...

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Here is a card that I submitted to Papertrey Ink for their May Guest Star Stamper challenge. I made this card AS SOON as I got the Garden of Life stamp set and have been waiting to post it until today. I did not win the challenge, but there is always a chance that Nicole will include me in the honorable mentions. She was looking for a project that best utilized the Garden of Life stamp set (which was released in April). As soon as I looked at the set I saw the solid image that you can layer with the spiral rose and saw a peach. So that is what I created, a summer peach. I hope you can tell that is what it is supposed to be...LOL!!! I wanted to create some "peach fuzz" so to speak, so I used my handy dandy SU! edge distresser for all of the square pieces and I inked the distressed edge of the white cardstock with the focal image. I hope you like it and thanks for taking the time to stop by :-)

Products used:
Stamps - Garden of Life and Borders & Corners Monogram Edition set (Papertrey Ink); So Many Scallops (SU!)
Ink - Summer Sunrise & Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock - White, Summer Sunrise & Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Emellishments - Summer Sunrise Top Notch Twill Ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Dimensionals (SU!)
Tools - Edge Distresser (SU!); Circle punches (CM)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It is a winner in my book! I think it is SUPER creative and fresh!
Great job!

LeAnne said...

It's a winner in my book, too, Kim! I think it's as sweet as that peach itself! I need to come to your house and get some of your creativity to rub off on me!
LeAnne

Sears Family said...

I checked out the winners and I think your's is just as sweet! I never would have thought of a peach!!