Monday, June 25, 2007

Crop Swap Cards

Hi Everyone! I am back :-) Still no creating for me but I do have some cards to share with you!

Once a month a girlfriend and I host an all day crop and for the past several months we have had attendees sign up for swaps. (Hence the name Crop Swap :-) There were 6 of us who participated in the swap for June and they were all kind enough to give me permission to post their work. I thought they did a wonderful job and love every one of their creations!!! (The card that I swapped with them is listed below and was posted on 6/5 called Crop Swap Card and it is the one I did with the transperancy.) I hope you enjoy admiring these cards as much as I have. Here you go...

 


This card was created by Michelle Gaul. I am not sure of the brand of stamp she used. But the designer paper is by SEI. She is in the process of creating her own blog and you can visit it at http://bellakittycreations.blogspot.com/, so make sure you check it out soon to see all of her lovely creations. And who would not LOVE to get a card about shopping!!!

 


This card was created by Jill Hilliard. You can visit her blog at http://jill031070.blogspot.com/. I love all the layering on her card - even the doggy is layered. He is cut out and pasted on the cardstock to give even more dimension. The picture does not do it justice.

 


This card was created by Colleen Gallagher. I just LOVE the bright colors. It is so cheery & happy! And you gotta love the bling :-) She used stamps from one of my favorite companies called Papertrey Ink. You can see their stamps at www.papertreyink.com.

 


This card was created by Tara Cooper. I am in LOVE with the Bella stamps from www.stampingbella.com. She used Cakeabella for this adorable card. She also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for added dimension. So cute!!!

 
Posted by Picasa


This super creative card was created by Cindy Barone. She used two CTMH stamp sets for this card and she even used her sewing machine to stitch the bottom of the card for added texture. It is the FIRST card that I have ever gotten with REAL stitching on it and I just love it!!! I also love her added touch with the decorative scalloped scissors.

Again, I hope you have enjoyed looking at all of these great cards and that they have given you lots of inspiration for you own creations. Great job ladies!!!

6 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Wow what great cards. Such a great idea to do a crop swap. I may have to think about doing this. I would love to get together with some friends once a month. How does it work?

evgeers said...

EXCELLENT CARDS and even better in person ladies - HORRAY for all of you and this crop swap was fabulous! You guys did a great job and I am so lucky to be with you all at least once a month at Kim's crops! Thanks for posting Kim - it is great to share the creations of our talented and creative friends! :)

Kim said...

Hi Dottie! We just ask everyone who wants to participate in the swap and we decide if it will have a theme - say all Bellas, Papertrey, CTMH or anything goes, just for some examples. This one was an anything goes swap and 6 of us signed up. So everyone either made 5 or 6 (if they wanted one for themselves) then they are due by the next crop. We do this once a month and it is so much fun! I love the anything goes swap because you NEVER know what you are going to get. So fun :-) Let me know if you have any other questions.
-Kim

Dottie K. said...

Thanks Kim! I'm thinking of doing this with some friends. We keep talking about getting together and no one does. So maybe this would get things started. Thanks so much!

Kim said...

Dottie - You can still do it and if you can't get together in person you can have everyone who wants to do it mail them to you and then once you have them all you could get together for a Girls Night Out to swap them (or mail them to each of the participants). Good luck with it!
-Kim

Adeline E. Brill said...

You have been tagged! Check my blog for the information!
adeline-brill.blogspot.com